Sunday, 22 November 2015

Work in progress

I was very flattered to be asked to do a canvas for a friend. I really only craft for pleasure, and enjoy making cards and other hand decorated gifts for friends and family, so this is a relatively new experience!

The request was for something in beige and brown tones, with hints of apricot and blue. Actually some of my favourite colours :-). I started work on this a few days ago - it may end up being the commission, or if I'm not completely satisfied I will keep it for myself and use it as a prototype. 

I love nothing better than taking my time over a piece of artwork, standing back from it for a while and then going back with fresh eyes. I've built up layers of colour here, using ideas from the recent workshop I attended. I'm leaving off the stencilled paste embellishments this time, I wasn't too keen on those. 

Thoroughly enjoying myself-and it's taking my mind off the stinking cold I've got at the moment!!
I'll put up another post when I've finished this canvas. Have a good week everybody :-)

1 comment:

  1. From what I can see, so far, it looks easy on the eye, and very relaxing. Glad you're having a good time doing to. I hope it is a success. :)

    ReplyDelete