Sunday, 6 September 2015

Card made today :)

We have a brilliant new crafting channel on TV in the UK, called Hochanda. Lots of hands on crafting with lots of creative techniques, and a great variety of shows too.
I watched a very talented lady called Hazel Eaton this morning, using embossing folders and Distress inks, and went straight into my craft room after the show finished to produce a card for an upcoming birthday. 
I love nothing better than starting with a blank piece of white card. I embossed a piece in my Cuttlebug Machine, and inked the edges and the raised pattern with one of my favourite inks - Tim Holtz Distress - in spun sugar. I used the same ink to colour the oval cut out in the centre, and applied a few layers to make it a deeper colour. stamped the sentiment, and then adhered it to the card with a dimensional glue gel. I am so pleased with it!  I love adding that little bit extra to my cards-and Hazel show today reminded me of forgotten techniques. 


No comments:

Post a Comment