Tuesday, 5 May 2015

Catching up

Well, it's been quite awhile since I blogged. As I mentioned, I got a lovely part time job in the library and was so happy about it. 

I hadn't realised just what a physical and strenuous job it would be. A few weeks after starting the job I developed some back strain, and had to take a bit of time off work to recover. Then, a few weeks later whilst I was bending down to pick something up I felt something 'go' and ended up in the most awful pain. It turns out that I had fallen victim to sciatica, and needed to go for physiotherapy to sort things out. Never known such pain!

Anyway, I reluctantly decided that the job wasn't for me and handed in my resignation.  My manager was lovely, and was very complimentary about the work I had done for them etc. Now that I have taken the decision to leave, I do feel like a weight has been lifted off me. I had been very anxious about the thought of returning to work and the same thing happening again. 

Anyway, enough of all that-I now have time to craft again! Over the last few days I have been having a major clear out and tidy up in my craft room. My new toy is a nifty little gadget that makes labels, so as you can see I have been labelling all the various boxes and drawers  It's going to make my crafting life a lot easier, as I can now go straight to the box I need to find my crafting bits and pieces :-)



Hope to return very soon with some of my crafty makes :-)


2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your back problems. I've been struck down with sciatica on several occasions, and I agree, it's horrible. The last time I was so glad I was living alone, so no one could hear my screams, the pain was that bad. Thank goodness you are recovering and able to get about better now. Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandra - you obviously understand only too well! The most dreadful pain I've ever had in my life - thankfully it has eased a lot now. Went out to the shops today and managed to walk around for about an hour - the leg affected is aching now, but perfectly bearable! I miss my job so much, but had to take a sensible decision to resign. No way I'd cope at the moment, on my feet all day. Oh to be 21 again lol!

    ReplyDelete