Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Spring is here :)

It's lovely seeing the first signs of spring, with the snowdrops appearing in the gardens.
My little bit of indoors-spring has given me a lot of pleasure. I bought a pot of  baby narcissus a couple of weeks ago for 50p in the supermarket: the compost was bone dry, and I wasn't sure they were going to make it, but 2 weeks on, they've been blooming, and I enjoy looking at them every day.



The flowers in the vase are artificial of course - too soon for flowers like that to be blooming in England, but they have cheered me up on the dark winter days :)

3 comments:

  1. The Narcissus are lovely, and I understand how they can cheer you up, especially on grey Winter days. But I have to say, I'm jealous! We do NOT have Snowdrops popping up anywhere around here. They could not, even if they wished to, because the snow is so very deep! And after today, we are going to be seeing sub-zero temperatures for several days. I'm afraid Spring is a good way off for us here in this area anyway. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! My part of the UK escaped snow this winter - seems to be the far north ie Scotland, and the south of England that got lots. Looks so pretty, but it makes walking/driving so difficult! There are buds in the garden, but you can bet your life there'll be some harsh frosts to come that will kill them off - booo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, my Daffodils will start coming up, and then we get more snow or another hard frost, but somehow they manage to bounce back, just the same. :) I won't be seeing any Daffodil tips though till near the end of March, I'm sure. LOL

      Delete