Friday, 13 February 2015

Canvas transformation - work in progress

The plain white canvas is no more!

It had already been covered with a coat of Gesso, which meant I could start to work straightaway using my paints. 

I'd gone looking on Pinterest for some ideas, and saw some canvases with beautiful abstract backgrounds which gave me some ideas on what I wanted to achieve. As this canvas  will eventually go in my kitchen, I decided to use colours and stencil designs which would match in with the decor. 

I watered down some acrylic paints-I mixed together peach, cream and silver. Once this had dried, I stencilled onto the canvas with some gold, silver and grey inks. It's now drying out, hopefully I'll get some opportunity to do some more work on this tomorrow. I don't want to go overboard with embellishments, and keep it fairly simple. I'd think a butterfly will find it's way on there.... Love getting inky :-)

I'm glad my new part time job is mainly afternoon work - I seem to do all my crafting in the wee small hours!




2 comments:

  1. I think it's very lovely so far, but I can see a wee butterfly in there too, and I think it would fit quite nicely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - a butterfly is hovering nearby :) thanks Sandie!

    ReplyDelete