Monday, 24 November 2014

Stitches out!

Took Tiny to the vets this afternoon for a post-operative check. When he looked at her ear he was surprised how quickly it was healing, and decided to take out the stitches. 


Slight moment of panic on my part! She normally totally resists any attempt to do any procedure e.g. having her nails cut, so I was totally amazed that she just sat there very chilled out and laid-back, and allowed the vet to take out her stitches. They didn't come out easily but she really wasn't in the slightest bit bothered!! He had called in a couple of the nurses to help me hold her down, as she kicked off big style when she went in for her blood tests and preoperative checks. None of us could believe that this little firecracker of mine was lying there purring as the vet attended to her. 

Back in 10 days for another checkup, but I still haven't had the results of the biopsy. He is quite certain that there will be nothing wrong is apparently these cysts are common in cats. 


To be on the safe side he has decided it would be best to remove another tiny cysts which he has found, this is not a major procedure and so light sedation will be enough, and I can bring her straight home. I will be glad when this little lot is over!





2 comments:

  1. So happy for you and Tiny, that all went so well. My two fastly growing kittens won't let me cut their nails either. The only way I can think of doing it is to have them sedated, but that's not something I can do here. LOL Crossing my fingers and hoping the biopsy will show no real problems. Tiny is so very lucky to have such a loving Momma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sandie. She's my little star :-)

    ReplyDelete