Sunday, 15 June 2014

MDF wall hanging


I made this following my trip to Inspirations and watching some talented crafters do some fab demos.
The crackle effect is made by firstly painting PVA glue (diluted with some water) and then coating the MDF shape. I partially dried it off, then painted acrylic paint in the opposite direction. When dried, the crackle effect appears.
I added some frantage powder around the edges and heated it to melt the particles, and finally added the little wooden flower and then a bow (plain white ribbon, died to match). It's now hanging on my bedroom wall and I love it.  Going to make some more for presents - one of each of my little great nieces with their initials on.

Blogger is playing up big time - I got notified of comments but been unable to locate them to let them appear  (Have to moderate posts as I was getting some spam through)  So, apologies if you left comments and they've not appeared.  

Til next time,
Pam

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your wall hanging, and I too think it will be a wonderful and well appreciated gift item. Lovely colors, not too "busy" at all ( like simple and rather plain over fancy and busy). Very, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thanks Sandra :).I'm thrilled with how it turned out. I have 3 little great nieces, so will make ones for each of them.

    ReplyDelete