Saturday, 7 June 2014

Bad I.T. day!

Took delivery of my new iPhone today - that was very straightforward and easy, and my ancient phone may well be donated to a museum :)

Rather rashly, I decided to update the operating system on my iPad as suggested, and that's where the fun started. Normally I check out online whether there are any issues with these updates, but for whatever reason I didn't today. Major mistake. It is full of bugs and flaws, one of which is that the charger no longer works. Don't ask me why - one of life's mysteries known only to Apple. I have searched online for tips and ideas, but all I found out was that I'm one of many thousands of folk world wide having this issue. I don't know what the answer is, or whether it'll get resolved, but for now I'm relying on my old computer to connect with t'internet until something gets sorted out. I suspect it will cost me £'s to get it fixed which is annoying when it is all Apple's fault.

Nothing whatsoever to do with papercrafting, but boy was it nice to get that off my chest!!

EDIT: After more internet research, I restored the ipad to factory settings, and reinstored everything from the back up. Result! All working perfectly once more - yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment