Wednesday, 18 June 2014

Another wall hanging



I'm really into transforming boring little pieces of MDF at the moment, and turning them into something pretty.

I coated this heart with some acrylic paints and finished off with a coating of oyster metallic paint, just to add a bit of shimmer.  Actually it started off its life painted green which I didn't like, so easy to just add another coat or 2 of paint :)

I cut out the 'tattered florals' on my Bigshot, then clear embossed them to add protection and shine, and added a wooden button to the centre. Next I tied a bow with 2 lengths of organza ribbon and string. I attach everything with my glue gun - it's much stronger.

Finally some faux stitching with a fineliner pen, and a bit more string for a hanger. Ta dah!
I've seen these on sale in garden centres / craft outlets and they're expensive - mine cost around 65p to make. Maybe I need a stall!

PS the 'craftypam' on the plaque is a superimposed watermark and obviously isn't on the plaque

1 comment:

  1. All 3 of the wall hangings are lovely, but I think this is my favorite. I just love that brightly colored flower! LOL

    ReplyDelete