Sunday, 25 May 2014

2 quick birthday cards

Made these today - one's a last minute card, and the other is for a crafting day on Wednesday with 3 crafty friends (we each make 2 cards to bring along, together with packs of materials needed)

Really enjoying the more natural look at the moment, using hessian, raffia, wooden buttons and slightly faded papers.  I just don't have a 'style', I love trying out different ones - I go from grunge and messy, to neat and precise :)

Without more ado, the cards.  This one is for my sister in law :-






The next one is one I've made for the crafty day on Wednesday :-






Two posts in one day!  I shall try not to stay away so long next time :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Pam,

    So, you did update your blog today. Nice to see it too. I like both cards, and I agree with you, natural looks really nice.

    Just thought I would mention this because a friend of mine makes all her own cards, and she uses cloth a lot. Especially cloth with pictures, such as green cloth with the look of blurred trees. She cuts it into tree shaped pieces and glues them onto the card stock, which is most often simple colored construction paper. She makes scenery with the cloth, a farmhouse with trees in the back, a sun overhead. One of the things I thought was really interesting, she used bias binding around the outer edge, and actually stitched it onto the construction paper. Maybe you could try that and see if you like that idea. Just wanted to share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a lovely idea - thanks Sandie :) Good to hear from you too :)

    ReplyDelete