Tuesday, 11 February 2014

Melt pot virgin!

I bought my Ranger melting pot quite some time ago, but have been a bit nervouus of using it up until now. Today was the day however! I melted some clear ultra thick embossing crystals, and added a pinch of coloured crystals, and poured the (very hot!) molten liquid into some Martha Stewart silicone moulds. I wish they were better photos, as the flowers are so pretty - translucent with a lovely shine. Of course, I now want more crystals (which are basically ground plastic) to try out different effects and techniques!  I'll probably use these for card embellishments, but if I change my mind they can be re-melted in the pot, and made into something else :)




1 comment:

  1. Very interesting. Never heard of the stuff, but I bet you could make some very lovely and special greeting cards with it. :)

    ReplyDelete