Monday, 17 February 2014

Distressed but not sad!


I love using inks in my crafting to produce different effects. Nothing more fun than starting out with that blank piece of white paper, and seeing what I can come up with.
This background was made by splodging (lovely word) Distress ink pads onto the craft sheet, spritzing with water, and then swooshing (another lovely word) the card across the ink, moving it round so that much of the card is covered. Once dry (a heat gun speeds up the process) this was stamped several times with the orange Distress ink (with some 2nd generation stamping which helps create a feeling of layers and dimension) and then with black Versafine (which was embossed). Matted and layered onto black card once the ribbon had been tied round, and then layered onto toning card (which had been cuttlebug'd). This was then affixed to a black card. Voila!

Again, I can't take credit for this - a crafty pal called Cheryl taught us this - but it is a technique I've used many times since. I must get Cheryl to do a blog - her work is amazing :)

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty. It seems as though there are endless ways of creating lovely greeting cards. It's just learning the different methods, which must be fun too. Always fun learning new things, and it prevents you from being caught in a rut, doing the same thing over and over again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the variety of trchniques - I seem to learn something new every week. Very addictive! Thanks Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete