Thursday, 4 October 2012

2 new cards to share

A couple of cards to share today.  I've found a super new card making class locally, and each week we make 2 or 3 cards.  It's great for getting new ideas,tips and techniques, and spend time with like minded people!

Card 1 :-
This easel card was fun to make.  It involved gold embossing the frame shape, cuttlebug-ing some card, some die cuts and a lovely gold organza bow.  Note my dinky little tool box in the background :)  The punched card at the base hasn't photographed well - the colour is actually coffee, toning with the main card.  Not sure why it came out lilac in the photo!



Card 2:-


For this card, I matted and layered some pretty paper, stamped and cut out the flowers and butterflies, added paper buttons to the flowers, distress inked the circle, added some stamping and finally some glitter, sentiment and pearl embellishments.

They aren't designs I'd ever have come up with, but really liked how they turned out.  I've never made an easel card before - but can see I'll be making more :)

2 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous cards, love the easel one and the butterfly on the other one is so pretty,

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thanks Liz :) So glad to have found the class - and it's helped me find my cardmaking mojo again! x

    ReplyDelete